Come with us on a yoga tour to South India, the country of Ayurveda!
In the morning we will practice yoga to be full of energy for adventures during the day. And in free evenings we will have yoga and active meditation sessions for day integration and relaxation.
We will visit every day – different temples in Shiva and Vishnu, ancient and newer. We will meditate under Auroville’s dome. We will visit the Palm Tree Readers’ Village – where it is believed that the fate of every man is recorded. We’ll learn new things about spices – we’ll try spices and chocolate, ride an elephant, ride a wildlife reserve with over 370 species of birds and animals, ride a boat across Kerala’s lagoons. And – finally – we will spend 3 days and nights in Shankara Niylam -the birthplace of the ancient philosopher of Vedanta, who preserves in his library the originals of Upanishads and a temple complex for more than 2,000 years, where we will have the opportunity to participate in everyday rituals.
We will fill our eyes and souls with beautiful views of palaces, temples, fortresses, gardens and exotic scenery.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE FROM THIS TOUR
- Visit of nearly 25 of the most significant tourist sites in South India, including entrance fees in the package price – see the day program below for more details
- 11 yoga practices with Antonia – a certified and experienced Yoga instructor with a diploma from Shivaya Pilat Rishikesh, India, where later he teaches teacher classes. 500 Hours Yoga Alliance US Diploma. Assistant and Teacher on Meditation of Teacher Courses conducted by Pinki Ghangas Multiple Yoga Champion of India and Asia.
- 8 evening meditations and lectures on topics from the theory and philosophy of yoga
- A lot of time for informal communication with the yoga instructor and asking questions
- Delicious and fresh vegetarian food in the best traditions of South India and yoga.
- Visiting markets and local craft shops – bronze, carpets, scarves, clothing, jewelery, and spice shopping in checked stores.
- A guide by the Bulgarian tour operator, plus a local guides guide – the talks are made by the local guides in English with a Bulgarian translation
- All transfers and excursions India by AC minibus or bus
- Ability to win a book for India or subscribe to the online yoga studio yogahimalaya.net
THE JOURNEY IS TOGETHER WITH TIARA TOUR LTD
SEE THE PROGRAM IN DETAILS BELOW!
Chennai – Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry – Tanjore – Trichy – Madurai – Tekkady – Veliyanad – Kumarakom – Cochin -Mumbai
17 Febr – 05 March 2019 – 16 nights / 17 days
Flights from London:
16.02.2019 21:05 from London – 17.02.2019 16:15 at Chennai, Jet Airways
03.03.2019 20:10 from Kochin – 03.03.2019 22:20 at Mumbai, Air India
05.03.2019 13:15 from Mumbai – 05.03.2019 17:40 at London, Jet Airways
If your flight is from different airport – please, ask about your tickets & schedules – on firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s possible to pay your own transfer – 20 Euros per person, if you arrive on a different time.
17 Febr Day 01 / Departure from Sofia, or another city – for the schedules and prices, contact Tiara Tour LTD – http://www.tiaratour-bg.HYPERLINK „http://www.tiaratour-bg.com/“cHYPERLINK „http://www.tiaratour-bg.com/“om
Arrive Chennai, you will be meet & Greet by our guide at the Chennai International airport and you would be transferred to your hotel where you will proceed for check-in. Night stay in Chennai.
18 Febr Day 02 / Chennai sightseeng, group meeting
At the Morning – first meeting of the group, introduction by your teacher Antoniya. Later – sights of Chennai, St. Thomas Church – built in honor of St. Thomas the Apostle , who converted to Christianity more than 17 000 people , including many among the higher Indian castes . Kapaleshvar Temple – Shrine of Lord Shiva , where according to tradition, of ritual worship of the goddess on Friday Karpagambal – one of the incarnations of Saraswati – the goddess of prosperity , is offering a wreath of „gold coins .“ The temple is an emblem of Dravidian style architecture with majestic gopuram ( tower).
In the courtyard of the temple is a sacred tree Punnai, one of the oldest trees in Chennai.
Fort St. George – two parts : the church St. Mary built in 1680 , the oldest Anglican church in India, and Fort – museum. Construction of the building was completed in 1795 and serves as a treasure trove of Madras – old name Chennai , and the large hall upstairs was the place for public meetings , and entertainment . Today the fortress museum displays many artifacts such as coins, medals , paintings , letters and much more from the colonial period . There is a banquet hall in the building of the fortress called Wellesley House, named after Richard Wellesley , Governor General of India. There are 4.5 meters statue of Lord Cornwallis in front of the museum, which is an artistic masterpiece. Was brought to India from the UK by boat. Depicts a scene with Tipu Sultan , his two sons and employees of the British East India Company .
Pass the Marina Beach, with the natural beauty of the sand – 14 km long , alternately by her shops and seafood restaurants , the wide promenade and beautiful gardens of the beach attract tourists.
Later -Chennai – Mahabalipuram (Tamil Nadu) 80 кm 1 h. 15 min.
Evening Yoga. Dinner. Night stay in Mahabalipuram.
19 Febr Day 03 / Mahabalipuram.
Morning Yoga practice. After breakfast proceed for full day sightseeing tour of Mahabalipuram.
Mahabalipuram -This is a small, quiet seaside resort with a unique 7th century Shore Temple , a lovely beach and some of the most beautiful rock cut temples in the world.Situated on the shore of the Bay of Bengal , Mahabalipuram was already a famous seaport in the 1st century AD. This, town was a workshop for temple building. Visit the seven pagoda style shore temples, lashed by the waves of the sea and the seven rathas or temple chariots, a group of monolithic monuments & animal figures carved out of solid rock, the earliest known examples of Dravidian architecture. They were constructed in a single century long burst of creative enthusiasm, starting in the reign of Narasimhavarman 1 (AD 63068). End the visit by photography of the beautiful Shore temples at sunset. Night stay in Mahabalipuram.
Evening Meditation. Dinner.
Night stay in Mahabalipuram.
20 Febrи Day 04 / Mahabalipuram. – Auroville (Tamil Nadu) (162 km/4 h.)
After morning yoga practice and breakfast – drive to Auroville. After registration for the next day meditation in Auroville – accomodation in the guest house – sightseeng of Pondicherry , which was up until the 1950s, a far-flung outpost of the French maritime empire. It is so different from the rest of Tamil Nadu that one feels that one has entered another country! This busy coastal town is divided roughly into two: the old White Town of elegant French houses, restaurants & administrative buildings and the Black Town west of the canal where India takes over again. Also visit Botanical garden, Eglise De Sacre Coeur De Jesus and Sri Aurobindo Ashram. Dinner – on your own. Evening practice.
Night stay in Auroville.
21 Febr Day 05 / Auroville.
After morning yoga practice and breakfast – we will visit Auroville – township of Auroville or the city of Dawn. Meditation in the Dome of Matri Mandir – subject of ability. Later visit township of Auroville or the city of Dawn . Designed by a French architect Roger Arger, it is an entirely new concept in education and urban living.
Dinner – on your own. Evening practice.
Night stay in Auroville.
22 Febr Day 06/ Auroville – Tanjore (Tamil Nadu) (177-kms/4-½ hrs)
After yoga and breakfast -ndrive to Tanjore
On the way -visit the library „AGASTYA NADI JYOTISHAM“, which kept palm leaves. On the palm leaves, according to legend, was saved the fate of every person and meeting with readers of palm leaves, which will tell us about the previous incarnations and future. Arrive Tanjore and transfer to hotel. The prediction – optionally – about 80 US$.
Afternoon sightseeing tour of Tanjore- the capital of the Chola Empire from the tenth to the fourteenth centuries. A Chola king, Raja Chola, who held the throne from 985 to 1016, built the greatest of the empire’s 74 temples, the Brahadeeswarar, with its soaring tower over the inner sanctum. This tower rises more than 62 meters (200 feet). On its dome rests a single block of granite weighing 80 tons. Dinner. Night stay in Tanjore.
23 Febr Day 07 / Tanjore – Trichy (Tamil Nadu) 190-km/5½ h.
After morning yoga and breakfast drive to Trichy. City tour of Trichy includes visit to the “ Rock Fort Temple ‘ which rises abruptly to a height of 83 m. A steep staircase cut into the rock leads upto the Fort. At the first level are the remnants of a huge hall blasted into ruins in 1772. The next storey is the Mathrubhuteshwarer Shrine dedicated to Shiva. Finally at the top of the hill, the ‘Uchhi Pillayar Koil’ – a Ganesh Temple offering a commanding view of the city. Arrive Trichi and transfer to hotel. Dinner. Night stay in Trichy.
24 Febr Day 08 / Trichy – Madurai (Tamil Nadu) 137 кm 2 h.
Here we will stay in the evening to Menakshi Temple – we will meditate here, under the colonade, and participate in the ceremonies of the temple.
Morning, after yoga and breacfast, drive to Maduraai. Visit the Meenakshi temple one of the biggest temple complexes in India 46 ft. long by 790 ft broad built in the 17th Century. It is a rectangular twin shrine : the southern temple dedicated to Meenakshi (the consort of Shiva) and the other to Shiva. It is Madurai ‘s greatest landmark a virtual city within a city: the complex includes a bazaar that bustles from dawn to nightfall. The high point of the Meenakshi temple is Hall of a „Thousand Pillars“, built in the 16th centuary which is as great a work of structural engineering as it is of art. Also visit the palace of Tirumala Nayak which is an example of the architectural mastery of the Nayaks a blend of Hindu and Saracen architecture. It’s enormous roofed arcade supported by 48 foot high stoned pillar still stands. Dinner. Night stay in Madurai .
25 Febr Day 09 / Madurai – Tekkadi and wild life Periyar (Kerala) 137 кm 2 h. 30 м.
After yoga and – breakfast drive to Periyar (177 kms/5 hrs). Arrive Periyar and transfer to hotel. Later proceed for sightseeing covering Periyar- Sprawling across 777 sq. kms. of the Cardamom Hills of the Western Ghats, Thekkady is the home to one of the largest wildlife reserves in India . Alive with exotic flora and vibrant wildlife, it is the perfect getaway tucked away among hills. Boat cruise on the Lake of the famous Periyar wildlife sanctuary to see wild life. Periyar an artificial lake or reservoir created by a dam on Periyar River is the heart of the Wildlife Sanctuary wild elephants, Asiatic Deer, Black Buck and even Tigers come to shores of the lake for a drink. Dinner. Kathakali dance show – subject of ability. Night stay in Tekkady.
26 Febr Day 10 / Tekkady – Adi Sankara Nilayam, Veliyanad 129 кm 3 h 30 m
After breakfast drive to Veliyanad. Thereafter drive through the winding “ Ghats “ lined with prosperous tea plantations & then arrive the fascinating countryside of low-lying palms and paddy fields to Veliyanad enroute visit the tea estates. Here we will live in the next 3 days in the Campus of CIF.
Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF) is the Academia of Sanskrit Research and Indology, the academic and research wing of Chinmaya Mission Worldwide. CIF is housed in the maternal birth home of the saint and Advaita philosopher Shri Adi Shankaracharya, in Kerala – a 2000 year old heritage site. Swami Chinmayananda visualised the need to preserve the neglected branches of Indian knowledge – Ancient Mathematics, Vyakarana (grammar) and various sciences so as to bring out the essence of Indian culture and the wisdom hidden in the world’s oldest language – Sanskrit. Vision statement of CIF:
Chinmaya International Foundation stands as a bridge between past and present, East and West, science and spirituality, and pundit and public.
Adi Sankara Nilayam, Veliyanad
27 and 28 Febr Day 11 and 12 –
at the Chinmaya International Foundation
Morning Yoga and Pranayama Practice. On pre-enrollment, we include daily practices in the temple complexes, evening meditation, and a lecture on the foundation of Advaita Vedanta. Included breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared and served according to the Vedic tradition. Time to visit libraries and talk with the brahmins.
01 March Day 13/ Veliyanad – Kumarakom – 43 км 55 m.
After breakfast drive to Kumarakom- a beautiful backwater village on the shores of the enchanting Vembanad Lake, cruiss crossed with meandering waterways and ancient cottages. Yoga – meditation. Night stay in Kumarakom.
02 March Day 14 / Kumarakom (Кеrala)
Yoga, Breakfast. Morning at leisure. Kumarakom, a day of rest and Ayurveda treatments in Ayurveda center – optionally. Evening meditation. Dinner. Night stay in Kumarakom.
03 March Day 15 / Kumarakom – Cochin (Кеrala) , later – flight Cochin – Mumbai 20:10 – 22:20
Yoga Breakfast. Proceed directly to Cochin. Cochin – Popularly known as the Queen of the Arabian See. Cochin is the oldest European settlement in India . Frilled with backwaters and rich with old world charm, this city has lured many a great voyager to its shores. From time immemorial, Arabs, Chinese, Dutch, British & Portuguese seafarers followed the sea route to Kochi & left their impression on the town. Modern Kochi is thus a splendid mosaic of these myriad influences. Arrive Cochin & transfer to hotel. Night stay in Mumbai .
Tuor of Cochin or “ Kochi “ the palm green, commercial captial of Kerala. Visit the Dutch Palace , the Jewish Synagogue, the Church of St. Francis , the Bolghatty Palace & the famous Chinese fishing nets. Night stay in Cochin .
04 March Day 16/ Mumbai – sightseeng, flight to London/your
After breakfast – boat cruise to the Famous Elefanta Caves – with stone carved and sculptures, dated 550 AD. Juhu & Chowpatty Beach, Gateway of India, Prince of Wales Museum, Hanging Gardens, Victoria Terminus, Dhobi Ghat, Haji Ali Mosque, Free time for shoping in the last minute or walking in Mumbai.
After dinner – or in the next morning – transfer to the airport to board the onward flight
05 March Day 17 /Mumbai – to London – 13:15 – 17:40 departure, direct flight by Jet Airways
Yoga and Meditation practices
CLEANSING PRACTICES IN YOGA You will begin your day with a teaching of the basic
cleansing procedures in yoga kriyas, jala neti, cleaning your nose with salt water using a nety pot; extremely helpful in cases of sinusitis, and any kind of breathing problems. If the group is ready, you will continue with sutra nety, cleaning the nostrils with string and kynjal kriya or vamana dhouty. –
HATHA YOGA This class will start with a short meditation and continue with breathing exercises different by effect and practice pranayamas, gentle opening of the body and escalate by their difficulty asanas-postures in traditional Indian teaching style, followed by meditation and yoga Nidra or deep relaxation.
-OSHO ACTIVE MEDITATIONS – DYNAMIC, KUNDALINI, NATARAJ, OR SACRED EARTH
Osho’s meditations use breathing, dancing, or shaking as a way of letting go of the needed baggage most of you carry on your shoulders due to your conditioning. They help one to feel lighter and at ease with oneself, and get in contact with the life energy within directly through the body. One then reaches a center within easier than with classical sitting meditation and a deeper quality of silence and contact with one’s self.
PRANIC HEALING CLASSES This is a beautiful healing method in Himalayan yogic tradition including mudras sounds and concentration on chakras in order to balance elements in your body. The first day you learn how to apply on yourself and second for the others too.
Tour Price – Inclusions & Exclusions:
Price per Pax in a double/twin room (group 10-19 Pax):
– From 17 Dec to 17 Jan – 2400 Euros.
Single room supplement – 750 Euros
Deposit of 50% must be received by 17-th December 2018. Outstanding payment must be received by 17 th January 2019.
- 11 night’s accommodation on double/twin sharing at the hotels mentioned above or similar as per the itinerary – breakfast and dinner included
- 2 night’s accommodation on double/twin sharing at Guest House in Auroville – with of 4* hotel per the itinerary – breakfast included
- 3 nights accommodation on double/twin sharing at CIF campus – breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Visa fee
- – 12 yoga practices and 10 yoga or active meditations and talks with Antonia – a certified and experienced instructor with a diploma from Shivaya Pilat Rishikesh, India, where later he teaches teacher classes. 500 Hours Yoga Alliance US Diploma. Assistant and Teacher on Meditation of Teacher Courses, conducted by PionkiGhangas Multiple Yoga Champion of India and Asia.
- – Yoga set – yoga mat and yoga aids.Daily breakfast at all places in the hotels
- Other meals (dinner) will be served at the hotel / local restaurants.
- Entrance fees at all monuments (one time only) as per the itinerary
- Chennai:- Govt Museum + Fort Museum
- Mahabalipuram:- Shore Temple
- Pondicherry:- Govt Museum + Fort Museum
- Tanjore:- Tanjor Art Gallery + Royal Museum
- Trichy:- Temple Art Museum + Srirangam Temple
- Madurai:- Thirumalai Nayak Palace + Meenak Shi Palace + Art Museum
- Kumarakom:- Kumarakom Bird sanctuary
- Cochin:- Dutch Palace + Indo Portuguese Museum
- Mumbai: Prince of Wales Museum, Mani Bhavan, Elephanta Caves
- Services of an English speaking local guide shall be provided during sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary.
- Special welcome at the airport on arrival with garlanding.
- 01 bottle 1 Liter of Mineral water will be provided everiday during sightseeing tour.
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges and interstate taxes.
- All currently applicable taxes, including Government service tax.
- Air tickets and airport charges for flights:
from Sofia – Chenai, Kochin – Mumbai, Mumbai- Sofia – the price is now about 680 Euros – Air France
from London –Chennai, Kochin – Mumbai, Mumbai – London – 675 Euros – Jet Airways
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic/non- alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax, any insurance etc.
- Medical Assistance insurance – we recommend to get 20000 Euros coverage
- Prediction in the Village of Palm Leaves Predictors – about 80 US $
- Porterrage at all hotels, airports.
- Any meals other than the mentioned.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Our Cost is not valid for any period other than mentioned above.
- Hotel Check-In / Check-out time 1200 hrs (Noon)
- Tipping for tour guide, driver and assistant – 70 US $ per tourist
- Prices are subject to change with any increase in the cost.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly.
Hotels Envisaged on Deluxe categories 4* – or similar:
- Chennai Hotel Clarion clarionchennai.com – new hotel in the centre– 1 night
- Mahabalipuram Hotel Indeco indecohotels.com – ecohotel, nice garden, art furniture, nice South Style Yoga hall – 2 nights
- Aurovil – Isai Ambalam GH Guest House,nice garden, swimming pool, vegan breakfast, facilities of 4* hotel – 2 nights
- Tanjore Hotel Sangam sHYPERLINK „http://www.sangamhotels.com/“angamhotels.com – new hotel in the centre– 1 night
- Trichy Hotel Sangam sHYPERLINK „http://www.sangamhotels.com/“angamhotels.com – new hotel in the centre– 1 night
- Madurai Hotel Sangam sHYPERLINK „http://www.sangamhotels.com/“angamhotels.com – new hotel in the centre– 1 night
- Thekkady Grand Thekkady http://www.grandthekkady.in/ – new hotel in the mounteen– 1 night
- Chinmaya International Foundation – ще спим в кампуса, в двойни АС стаи.
- Kumarakom Cocobay Resort http://www.cocobayresort.net/ – new hotel in the backwaters of Kerala – Ayurweda massages, South traditions food – 1 night
- Mumbai – Water Stones Hotel – https://www.waterstoneshotel.com/ new hotel near to the airport, nice garden on the roof– 1 night
We have the knowledge and the experience to bring you and show a different India … with it’s depth, magic and secrets. We will take you to different and interesting places, we will do many practices that will make your journey unforgettable ….
Antonia Ivanova – Antar and the team plans surprises for all who are ready to make this journey of awareness and rediscovery of themselves.
Thanks to our Tour Operators and partners from Tiara Tour Ltd., with the help of which we realize interesting and exciting destinations every year.
Deposit of 50% must be received by 17-th December 2018. Outstanding full payment must be received by 17 th January 2019.
e-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoniya Ivaniva – Yoga Himalaya Ganga +359 889 246606
Veselka Kozhuharova – Tiara tour LTD +359 899 959588